Monday 15 February 2016

Long Lasting Make-up tip? Yes Please

For some reason when I think of long-lasting make-up I envision a model with a ton of matte make-up on her face. This post is not going to be that. Instead this post is based on a more realistic and accessible way to get make-up to look as though it hasn't melted away during the day. 


I want to say, and this is from my personal experience, that less make-up is better if you want to look semi-decent at the end of the day as you did in the start. I find that if I wear less eyeshadow, less blush, less foundation, I look more like the woman who left the door at 8am. If I put more make-up on then when I come back 9 hours later, you can really see how much I tried in the early hours of the morning. 
I really have been encompassing this idea into my daily life, on Mondays I have a 9-6 day at uni, and so I am out the door at 8am and back home at 6.30pm, so I really try to use a minimal amount because God knows my head will be in my hands at the end of the day!
My Monday make-up routine consists of me firstly priming my face with the L'Oréal Infallible Primer (£7.99/45g), then I go in with my NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (£32.00/30g) - I add half a pump to my face, trying to just even out my complexion rather than masking my face. I then fill in the sparse areas of my eyebrows with the Mono Eyeshadow 'MMMM' from Makeup Revolution (£1.00/2.3g), (this is quite warm toned, and it does a good job but I've recently discovered a new favourite!). My next step is to add mascara, my currrent one is the Loreal Million Lashes Waterproof (£9.99/2ml) and it's awesome! I then proceed to set my make-up with the Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder (£36.00/30g), and then add a bit of the bareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip-Oil Balms (£16.00/3.1g) - these are great because they reduce down into a stain and so actually do great for making your lips look naturally pigmented! 
For some reason, this sounded like a lot of steps, but I swear I can do it all in around 5 minutes! Also I try to make things as sheer as possible! 
I would love for you all to try to minimise the make-up that you have on on your crazy busy days, I can guarantee that you will notice that you don't look quite as worn down by the day, because you didn't look so done up at the start of the day! It's about reducing that gap. To me, when I look at the mirror when the day is almost over, I don't have to deal with creased eyeshadow, smudged liner, or blush that is half way down my face and although I love make-up, I don't enjoy looking like that!
If you enjoyed this post, then subscribe on Bloglovin'!
Also I've been updating my Instagram a bunch so check it out if you love beauty photos! 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've never thought of it that way, that wearing less in the morning decreases how tired you look later on I might try it some day !

    Tkay // www.txay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Haha that's why I wrote this post, it's just something that I've noticed and it really does work! Let me know if it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less is definitely more, I feel like I'm so used to doing a full face of makeup I forget that I can miss out a few steps and still look fine! For me, it's so tricky to find a foundation that matches my skintone exactly that I always end up covering everywhere up so lately I always opt for a lightweight foundation :) The bareMinerals Lip Oil Balms are my favourites too, I want the entire collection!

    Becki, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean, on really lazy days I just put on foundation and I feel like I look fine! Haha I get what you mean, it's so hard to get a foundation that really is your skin colour! bareMinerals is fab, and I'm so glad I bought this!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig