Thursday 31 March 2016

Shopping my Stash

I don't know if I am the only one who gets the urge to go into Boots and buy everything I can get my hands on. Unfortunately since I don't have the means to do that, I've had to develop strong will power to resist those urges. Recently however, I have found myself looking at products deep within the recesses of my make-up bag to see if what I already own will make me relive that shopping experience...



The first thing I found was the M.A.C Mineralised Blush in 'Love Joy' (£22.00/3.2g). I picked this up on my way to Milan, in Summer 2014, and I did use it but for some reason I just...lost interest. I have phases with blush, sometimes I feel like I need it and other times I feel like I can go without. Anyway, lately I have been loving this because it's a bronze shade with a red undertone and gold shimmer and so on my skin tone it's very flattering, adding depth to my face with a flush of colour. Another reason  I like it is because it's got a good amount of pigmentation, you can build it up to be as deep as the swatch I have shown below, or can add it just to warm your face up slightly. I know this will be a nice summer staple for me, so I'm glad I rediscovered this!



The next item is also from the same Milan trip! It is the Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in 02 Brun (£17.00/1.8g) This item has definitely been an on/off staple for me. It's a lovely brown eyeliner that I like to use when I want to add some definition to my eyes but not make them too bold. However lately I have been using this in a different way: I line my eyes messily with this product and then use a pencil brush to smudge out the product and the finished result is a wearable, slightly grunge style, smoky eye. I then proceed to tight-line my eyes with this product and also add it in my waterline so the colour is more concentrated closer to the eye. This takes me like 2-3 minutes to do and I love it, because it requires just one product that can be used in two different ways! Also this pencil is massive, so it's definitely worth the investment!


The last product that I rediscovered is the Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum by Calvin Klein (£50.00/50ml). This was a gift from my sister two years ago, one of five mini perfumes to try. Recently I cracked this out because I didn't want to run out of my other perfume, Sì by Giorgio Armaniand I was pleasantly surprised. If I had to describe this scent, I would say that is it smells quite sophisticated. I feel slightly older and more confident when I wear this, it's odd! It's a fresh floral scent that's not overpowering, having notes of Pomegranate Blossom, Litchi, Lily, Pink Peony, Guava and Musk. It's definitely one that is for young working women and so warrants a sniff!

I'm glad I shopped my own stash because I actually feel like I've discovered new products which have inspired new make-up looks. It's good to mix things around a little, and I would love to know if you have done this too and what items you have rediscovered or have found different uses for!
If you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe on Bloglovin'I've got some new posts coming your way soon so stay tuned for that!

Share:

2 comments

  1. It's always great to rediscover products you bought before! ;)

    Laura
    http://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha for sure! It's surprising how many things you already own!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig