Monday 15 May 2017

Nip + Fab Makeup

Nip + Fab recently released makeup, I'm sure most of you have either gotten your hands on it already or have at least heard about it! But when I found out a few months ago, I was so excited. It's been a few months since I was truly excited to try new makeup. This range looks so well thought out, and I had to grab a few things for myself...



There was this super cool deal in Superdrug, where if you buy Nip+Fab products that total £12 and over, you get a cool freebies, which includes a makeup bag with a lip-liner, a liquid lipstick and a mascara. So I really didn't have to spend a lot of money to try out a nice portion of the range. 







When I got to the Nip+Fab counter in Superdrug, this Nip+Fab Make up Travel Palette (£9.99/12g) was the product which instantly drew me in, I hadn't seen anyone purchase this, and so I was so intrigued because the colours are just so flattering. I have a similar set from Sleek however I much prefer this one as I love how the contour shade is actually cool toned,  and it's super pigmented so a little really does go a long way. They do this Travel Palette in two shades, either Light/Medium or Medium/Dark, I purchased the Medium/Dark. The blush shade is a deep pink shade, which is not too light, and adds dimension and life to the face. The standout piece in this Travel Palette is the highlight. I think this highlighter is super subtle and is more reflective than most highlights I have tried. I would compare it more to the Becca highlighters and my Cover FX highlighter, as it leaves this sheen of reflective-ness rather than a super noticeable strobe of colour.  I like how you can build it up too. It really is a Travel Palette that I would actually use, and I have constantly been using. 


Spice. Need I say more. I think the Nip+Fab Liquid Lipstick  (£7.95/2.6ml) in the shade Spice is the most talked about product from the whole range, and it took three trips to Superdrug to get this product. The colour of this liquid lipstick is stunning, it's that mix of brown and pink that suits most skin-tones. In terms of application, I have no issues with the wand, and it's super easy to apply. Once applied, it does take a while to dry in, which I'm not fussed about because it's not too drying on the lips, and acts more like a cream lipstick during this stage of application. Other than that, it's your standard liquid lipstick!





The free kit was an exceptional promotion, I got another liquid lipstick in the shade Marshmellow (£7.95/2.6ml), which is a tad too light for me, but I have passed it to my sister who is enjoying it. Although the shade doesn't suit my skin-tone, I think the range of colours they do too are very flattering, in that most people would deviate to this range for their good selection of wearable colours. 

The Nip+Fab Makeup Lip-Liner (£5.95/0.3g) in the shade 02 Fudge is slightly dry in formula, but has a good colour payoff. This colour is slightly too light for me, but I like how it neutralises the colour of my natural lip line, so that when I apply a lip colour on top, my lips look slightly bigger. It also has a matte finish, so making sure your lips are hydrated beforehand is key!

The Nip+Fab Make up Mascara (£9.95/9.5ml) is a mascara that I think most people will like too. It doesn't hold up my lashes, nor was I expecting it to since my eyelashes don't respond to most mascaras. It does however separate my lashes and adds more length to them on top of my normal mascara. I love the traditional wand, and I think that the formula was not too wet nor too dry. If you have short, stubborn lashes like mine, then you can give this mascara a miss, however for anyone with normal lashes, I think this would be such a lovely go-to mascara!

From left to right: Lipliner in shade Fudge, Liquid Lipstick in Marshmellow and Liquid Lipstick in Spice
I think you can see how excited I was to purchase and try out this range. I love the small selection of products as I think it's been so well thought out to bring out a range which caters to everyone's needs, however doesn't contain unnecessary products.

I would love to know if you have tried this range? Is there anything I ought to try out? Let me know in the comments below! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!

Share:

6 comments

  1. I love the look of that travel palette! The liquid lipsticks are lovely colors too. I haven't heard much about their makeup in the US.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird! I thought the US would've had this line! The products are so worth getting if you can get your hands on them!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to pick up and try something from their range, the liquid lipstick looks great.
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've done so well with the shades in their collection! Anything you pick up will be wearable, and suit a variety of skin tones!

      Delete
  3. That lip colour is stunning, it is exactly the kind of colour I go for! You have a lovely blog here, well done on all your hard work pretty lady! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely colour! Thank you so much for reading Adele!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig