Monday 4 February 2019

4 Beauty Repurchases

With the makeup and skincare industry being completely over-saturated, it’s difficult to know what products really hit the mark and are the holy grail of all products, especially if you are like me and love reading blogs or watching YouTube. For me, the tell-tale sign that someone absolutely loves a product is if they would spend their money on the product again. When I write blog posts, I like to state whether I would buy a product again or not, as I want to be smart with my money, and if a product is not worth it then I will not purchase it again…

So onto products that I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase until something else slides it out of place. I have two makeup favourites and two skincare bits to share with you.





The first makeup product I want to mention is the Kiko Milano Highlighting Effect Fluid Concealer (£7.20/2ml). This is a concealer that is great for highlighting features.  If you are new to my blog, then it should be known that I am a massive Kiko Milano fan, I think they have quality products for affordable prices and they are by far my favourite high-street makeup brand.
I use Shade 5 in this product, which is slightly lighter than my skin-tone, but is just as warm. I love that this product is super lightweight on the skin, so it's not too heavy on top of my foundation and blends in seamlessly while still providing coverage. I use it under my eyes and in the centre of my face (forehead, bridge of the nose, upper lip and chin). For a whole blog post on this product, go click on this link!


The second makeup repurchase that I wanted to mention would be the Collection Fast Stroke Liner (£2.99/3.8g). This eyeliner is amazing, affordable and accessible. What I love about this product is that it is super black and also so easy to apply. I’ve tried more expensive eyeliners in the past, and although I would recommend them, liquid eyeliner generally runs out quite quickly so I would rather find a brilliant product on the high-street and save my cash for products that will last longer.

So onto skincare, I’m going to breeze over this first product because I feel like I mention it in most of my skincare posts. It’s The Ordinary ‘Buffet’ serum (£12.70/30ml). If you have problematic, congested skin that might leave you with spots then this is the product to try. It contains helpful peptides that work to de-congest the skin. I’ve noticed so much difference in my skin since using the product, I used to have a lot of texture on my skin and used to be prone to breakouts too. Now my skin is smoother in texture and just feels breathable.



The next product I have repurchased is the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream (£24.50/50ml). This is one of my all time favourite moisturisers. My skin just agrees with it. I love this one and also the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 (£24.50/50ml) too. I find with the Kiehl’s moisturisers that they hydrate your skin on the inside but also moisturise the top layer of your skin too which is important as your skin does battle the elements daily, so it’s important that it’s protected. I generally have oily skin, and I find that this doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. They sink in well and leave a nice amount of residue on your skin so that it is prepped for the day. I would be more than happy to buy this product again because I haven’t found a moisturiser that delivers as well as this one does.

So that’s my four beauty repurchases, as you can tell I love these products and it’s just so nice when you find a product or brand that you agree with and can advocate to other people. I would love to know what products you have repurchased, as like I said at the start of this post, it’s just a really good indicator of whether it’s stood the test of time! So let me know in the comments below!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I really like The Ordinary! I haven't tried that serum yet! I always hear great things about it!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a revolutionary brand! You should try it, it's a product that would suit most skin types :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig