Thursday 30 May 2019

The eye cream for the under 30's: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Eye-balm

Sounds excessive, but I have been wearing eye cream since I was 21 years old. I'm a massive believer that prevention is the key when it comes to anti-ageing and 3 years later I am still wearing eye cream religiously.
Currently, my eyes have no specific skin concerns and so the product I will be sharing today is one that I think people under 30 would really benefit in using if, like me, they don't have a specific concerns to target. When I was on the hunt for my next eye cream, I was looking for something that was more hydrating and this one completely fits the bill...





The product I am talking about is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Eye-balm (£15.00/15ml). Firstly, I really like the packaging, the product is dispensed through a pump which is hygienic and really easy to keep clean. I also like how you can control the amount of product that comes out, I find that I never pump more than I actually need which is great. The packaging is light and I find that the lid is secure (I haven't lost it yet!) which means no accidental leaks and so is great to travel with.

In terms of the product, although this is labelled as an eye balm, I think it's more of a gel like consistency, especially when it is smoothed onto the skin. It's also the colour blue, which is something I didn't expect and doesn't really have a smell either.

I would use the amount pictured below over both eyes, so as you can see a little goes a long way and I use my ring finger to blend out the product onto the orbital bone and if there is any product left over, I tend to add it to my upper lip to prevent wrinkles forming in the first place. This product sinks in really fast and does feel hydrating, especially if I haven't had the best nights sleep. I find that this works well under make-up too, as it isn't heavy nor does it leave any residue on the skin. 




I'm quite strict with my skincare routine and I have been applying this product twice a day since I bought it around a month ago now. Although I can't say that this product has worked in the traditional sense, I find that this product does work to hydrate my eyes, as I can notice the difference when I don't wear eye cream - my under-eye area becomes slightly tighter and just feels like it needs moisture. This is a really non-offensive product that I think would work on a variety of skin types and needs, containing Vichy's Thermal Spa Water, known for it's soothing properties and Hyaluronic Acid, known for it's ability to hydrate the skin and to hold a thousand times it's weight in water, it really is a product that your skin will be happy using. 

I believe this would be a great introductory eye cream for anyone, especially if you are under 30 as the focus is on hydration. Let me know if you have any questions about this product in the comments section, and I would love to know what eye creams you would recommend I try next. 

If you would like to read more posts then be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig