Monday 20 January 2020

The Body Shop Vitamin C Range

Vitamin C is a skincare product that goes in and out of mainstream skincare. Vitamin C is an ingredient which is packed with antioxidants and ultimately protecting your skin from the environment, which can prematurely make the skin show signs of ageing - wrinkles, sagging, pigmentations you name it. Vitamin C is a great addition to any skincare regime. 
I was given some of The Body Shop Vitamin C range as a gift from friends, and after using it for a few months, I wanted to share my thoughts. 


The Cleanser:
Vitamin C Glow Boosting Facial Cleansing Polish (£11.00/125ml)
This cleanser was the first thing I tried from the range, and I'm around halfway through using it. This is a gel cleanser which contains Vitamin C, and also contains micro-beads to gently exfoliate the skin topically, helping to brighten the skin on two levels. A pea-sized amount of product is enough to lather the skin and as a whole this cleanser doesn't strip the skin. I use this product as my second cleanse in the evening with my Foreo Luna 3, and I find this combination is a really nice mix. 
The exfoliation is minimal which makes this a great daily cleanser, and if you are sensitive to smell, this product is not scented a particular way which I love - it just smells fresh. I like the packaging too, it's just simple, however when you have both the cleanser and the scrub, it's easy to grab the wrong bottle as they are almost identical!

The Scrub:
Vitamin C Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion (£18.00/100ml)
I use this scrub daily (which I know isn't the best for your skin!) but it has fine particles and isn't as harsh as your typical St. Ives, imagine salt versus coffee granules! 
With this product I find that I need to use quite a lot of product if I want a 'proper' exfoliation so this product was my least favourite product from the range because I find that there are other products that are similar to this type of scrub (No7 do a very similar one for £11.00). I think I would want a higher concentration of Vitamin C and perhaps an element of a 'leave-on mask' if I was paying £18.00 so I wouldn't purchase this again. 

The Moisturiser:
Vitamin C Glow Protect Lotion SPF30 (£15.00/50ml) 
This moisturiser was one of my favourites from the range. I like this because it has Vitamin C and you leave it on the skin. I don't get when scrubs and cleansers have Vitamin C, because it's on the skin for less than 2 minutes, and I'm not sure how much of an effect that will really have in the long term. This product however works on three levels: first it's a moisturiser, a physical barrier on the skin to protect it from your daily life, secondly it has Vitamin C, an ingredient proven to brighten and tighten the skin and thirdly, this contains SPF, my holy grail that works to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays that can cause pigmentation to the skin, even if it is not sunny outside. If that's not enough, the formula is rich but also light on the skin, absorbing nicely but also moisturising the top layer of skin which is perfect for these winter months. I think the combination of the Vitamin C and the SPF has made my complexion brighten, and also has helped to keep it that way too. 

All in all, I am a convert to Vitamin C. I think it has so many benefits, and after I am finished with these, I want to purchase Vitamin C as a standalone ingredient with higher potency and try and find a place for it in my routine. I think if you are on the fence about using just Vitamin C,  The Body Shop's range is a good place to start. 

I would love to know if you have tried this range and what you thought about it? Have you tried Vitamin C and are there any products you would recommend?

If you would like to read more posts then be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig