Wednesday 8 July 2015

Weightless Base for Summer ft. bareMinerals

I'm a full coverage kind of girl when it comes to my base make-up, however I don't like to slap on a lot of make-up on days when I am not doing much, simply because there is no need for it. Now that summer is officially here, I find that I am always reaching for the same two base products for me to achieve a look that allows me to go about my day with confidence. My trick is to use a light-medium coverage foundation but to target areas that need it with a concealer. This way I don't feel like I am wearing a layer of make-up on my skin and my skin can just breathe whilst also looking put together.


I  use the Revlon ColourStay Concealer (£6.99/6.2ml)  which is my go-to concealer as it blends nicely and quickly (which is something we all want) and can be used anywhere that needs concealing. I love that it firstly has my shade (which is 06 Deep Fonce), but it also has a doe foot applicator making the application process even more speedier. I have repurchased this concealer twice in the last two years which tells you guys how much I really love this. I either pat this into place with my ring finger or I use the setting brush from Real Techniques to pat and blend it in.


For my foundation, I have been reaching for the bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation (£26.00/6g) in the shade Golden Tan, I absolutely love bareMinerals I just feel like they celebrate beauty in terms of embracing the skin you have and just enhancing your features rather than making it into something that it isn't. This foundation gives you a light to medium coverage which feels so weightless that you feel comfortable wearing this foundation all day without feeling cakey. Also it's fuss free, swirl a bit of product into the lid with a brush (I use the full flawless application face brush) and then apply in circular motions - you can't really go overboard with this. Since I have the matte version I use this as my powder throughout the day too and this is excellent at absorbing excess oil while also giving me a top up on the coverage side of things- so this foundation is really a two in one. The inbuilt SPF makes it a great choice for summer too! 


What is your go-to base for summer? I would love to know!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig