Wednesday 1 June 2016

Review: Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

If you are a beauty addict you would have probably heard of the Cult Beauty box that was designed by Lily and Anna. This box contained some amazing cult favourites, and today I am going to review one of the gems that I discovered which is the Oskia Renaissance Cleaning Gel  (£29.50/100ml).



The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is melting cleanser. It comes out as an orange gel, but once you massage it between your hands it melts down into an oil based balm. Massaging this into the face is really easy, it's oily enough that it doesn't tug on the skin. I remove this by first massaging a bit of water and then wiping the product away with a damp muslin cloth. Although it is good at removing make-up, I still use a separate eye make-up remover if I wore eye-liner, just so I don't have to irritate my eyes too much. 

The result is that my skin feels cleansed and soft. Although it turns into an oil, it doesn't leave residue on the skin but my skin is still hydrated. I would have to say that this product is special because of it's ingredients, it has Vitamins A, C and E, which helps to brighten the skin. Pumpkin enzymes are used to naturally exfoliate dull skin and so adds to the brightening properties. The Camomile and Rose soothes and softens the skin which makes this product more luxurious and spa-like. 


Another factor which justifies the price is the packaging. Packaging is super important to me since I travel quite a bit and so I really like to take exactly what I am using. Since this comes out as a gel, you are reassured that it won't spill over the contents of your luggage. Also you are protected since the product is encased in a pump! Although it is a bulky product, it's also plastic and so is lightweight. In terms of aesthetics, I love the monochrome feel to it! It was actually made by a team of doctors, nutritionists and cosmetic scientists which I feel the packaging does represent. 

All in all, if you are after a luxury cleanser which does the job and contains amazing ingredients, I would point you to this. However, I do love using drug-store oil cleansers because I double cleanse. All I look for in a product like this then is for my make-up to be completely removed. And so, although I love this product and have enjoyed using it, I don't know if I would purchase it again. I usually like to spend my money on products which will stay on my skin, such as the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. 

I hope I have educated you guys on what this product is all about and whether I think it's worth it. Everyone's needs are different and so it might be that this product is exactly what you are looking for! Even if it isn't I hope I have explained why it may not be worth the splurge!
I've got tons of skincare reviews coming up so if you enjoyed this post, then be sure to subscribe on Bloglovin'
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm beyond jealous that you've bought that amazing Cult Beauty box! Ahh I wish I had the money spare to buy one. I've been so curious about this cleanser, it sounds like it has a really unusual consistency. I don't think I'd splurge on it either, I'm like you and I'd rather spend money for skincare to stay on my face but I'd be delighted if I received it as a gift!

    So excited for your other skincare posts! I hope one's going to be on the Sunday Riley oil! :)

    Becki, xo
    www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think the box went on sale just after my birthday so I treated myself to it! It is a different cleanser to be fair, I've never tried anything like it before and I like how it has ingredients that are beneficial for your skin!
      Haha I'm excited to write new posts! I've taken pictures for them already I just need to sit down and write! Sunday Riley's Luna Oil will be coming soon!
      Thanks again for reading Becki!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig