Monday 17 October 2016

Review: Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

I consider myself the queen of cleansing oils. It's my favourite form of make-up removal and I love testing out anything I can get my hands on. My Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Balm abruptly finished a few days ago and I had seen adverts that Simple had started to come out with a cleansing oil and so there really was no choice of what new oil I needed to try next...



The Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil (£6.99/125ml) is a good product. I like the slim packaging, which makes it awesome for travel. But most importantly the formula does what it says, it removes makeup with ease and so I think this is a good drugstore cleansing oil. The formula of the oil is thinner than others I have tried, and so if you are scared of trying oils to cleanse your skin, then this would be a good one to start with as you don't get that super greasy feeling. The only issue with having a thinner formula is that you find that you have to use slightly more product as you want to be able to massage your skin without tugging. However it's only a drop or two more that makes that difference, so it's not exactly a deal breaker for me. 
What I like about this product is the fact it's from Simple, it only contains 9 ingredients which include Pure Grape Seed Oil, which has Vitamin E and so is good at reducing the appearance of pigmentation marks, and also Sunflower Oil which contains Vitamin A, providing protection through retaining moisture in the skin. So this oil is filled with natural oils and minerals, becoming an actual skincare product with additional benefits. So taking the time to really massage this into the face might actually be more beneficial than just removing make-up.


The only issue I have had with this cleanser was the packaging, when I first opened it, the lid broke slightly. I can still close the bottle without it leaking, but it's more fragile now. It could easily break, and so I am super careful with it. I wish it was a bit more stronger, or if it had a pump, however the latter would mean it wouldn't be as travel friendly. If you choose to purchase this then be careful when you are trying to pry it open the first time! 
All in all, I really like this product, the formula is great and it has a lot of benefits for the skin. I think it's a good product to come out at this time of the year, our skin needs those extra benefits and hydration because of the cooler weather. It's affordable and even more affordable when it's discounted - I got this for half the price at Superdrug. If it wasn't for the fact my lid broke the first time I opened it, I would be super super impressed, but it's not a massive deal and I don't know if I got the bad one out of a good bunch or if I'm just super heavy handed!

What do you think of the Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil? Is it something you want to try or have already used? Let me know in the comments below! Be sure to subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with my next post!
Share:

14 comments

  1. I recently also finished my cleansing balm and have been on the lookout for a cheaper option. Thanks for this Simple option! I love that's also a hydrating oil! I hope I can find it in the us :) Also with the broken lid, maybe try decanting it into a different bottle?

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha as much as I love highend cleansers, I don't think you need to spend a fortune on removing makeup since you wash it off minutes later! It's a good option that is also easy to find :) I never thought about decanting it! It's okay so far because I'm not travelling as much so I'm okay with a broken lid, but I'll sure to keep it in mind!
      Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. I freakin' LOVE this stuff. Perfect example that sometimes you don't need to break the bank to get good quality!

    katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing isn't it! It really just gets the job done without leaving my skin irritated or overly greasy! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! depepilacao jacanã

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! depepilacao jacanã

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! fio a fio em sp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. Zinzino BalanceOil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. oil filter reviews consumer reports

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. Copaiba essential oil

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. Copaiba essential oil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Frankincense essential oil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. We hope you will share some more information about skin care. We really enjoy your blog & content. If anyone looking for Red Light Therapy After Microneedling Then visit us. We provide best skin care services.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article has given me a lot to think about. It's sparked a new interest in me. home patient care services

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig