Thursday 26 January 2017

Review: Foreo Luna Play

Cleansing brushes have had their fad, I don't see many people on that band wagon anymore. I tried the No7 Cleansing Brush a few years back, and although it was nice, It didn't really change my life, and it was kinda more of a hassle to use and I wouldn't bother taking it with me when I was travelling. If I love a product, I will take it with me even for one night away, no matter the size of the product. I think that's how I know that this product is one that I need.

I was gifted a Foreo Luna Play (£29.00) for Christmas and I had heard a lot of hype from the blogging and YouTube space so I was excited to try it, even though I had grown out of the cleansing brush hype. The Foreo Luna Play is such a different product, which is actually why it had caught my attention in the first place, it's actually made of silicone which makes it very hygienic and easy to dry. It's also very small, it is smaller than the size of my palms, and so is very travel friendly.

It's super simple and easy to use, you lather up your face with the cleanser of your choice and like other cleansing brushes this is electronic. However rather than the bristles rotating, this product sends vibrations, and the little silicone bristles reach into your pores to clean them out without irritating the skin or scratching the skins surface. It's actually really nice. I remember the first time I used it, I was sceptical that this brush was going to really make a difference to my skin, but actually every-time I use it, my skin feels truly clean, not in the dry and tight feeling, but just soft and my pores just actually feel a lot cleaner. I feel like using this, my other products work a lot better too, because my skin is clean and ready to be filled with nourishing products to replace the dirt and oil that had previously been in it. I use this product twice a day, for less than 30 seconds, massaging it gently on all areas of my face, and just underneath my chin. I really get the hype of this product and yes, although I was committed on not buying in to another fad,  I really love this product.

 

The annoying thing about this product is that this travel sized version isn't rechargeable, so you spend £30, for 100 uses, which equates to around using this product for 3 months, if using it once a day. The original Foreo Luna, is £80, and that can be recharged. I think it's nice to actually get this mini one, as it's great for trialling the product out, and it's enough time to actually make a solid decision on it too. however, part of me is also like, if you spend £29 on the product, then spending £80 for a product that is rechargable isn't that big of a stretch, if you know you will probably like it, rather spending £30 to see if you like it, and then £85 buying the original, larger version. I would recommend this product to everyone, because it just cleans the skin so well, and can work with any cleanser. Another thing to note, this is more of a last stage cleanser, so I don't use this when taking off my makeup with my oils, I use this with my second cleanser, to actually clean my skin. 

I think if you are very skincare savvy, you will love this so pick up the original one so you get your moneys worth, however if you are hesitant, then trying this mini one is a good way to go too, If you break it down, you are paying £10 a month for it, so it's a tad pricey but it's always nice to have the option to trial products out.
What do you think of this product? I would love to know your thoughts! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oh I'm so glad you've blogged about this! I've been really curious to hear what you think. I definitely agree, it probably is better to invest in the rechargeable version as £30 seems like a bit of a waste! I've never used a cleansing device like this before though, so I'm not sure what I'd want to go for!

    Becki | www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was lucky to get it! Like I said when I messaged you, I've used this for three months twice a day and it's a product I use consistently. I want to buy the full size but I really want some kind of deal to come on because it is a lot of money! However this product is better than the others because it is so hygienic and travel friendly!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig