Wednesday 23 May 2018

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter

Charlotte Tilbury is a makeup artist that I really admire, her technique is all about enhancing features to show them in the best way - perfecting rather than masking. Charlotte's brand of makeup is a unique blend of products which can help to achieve that Hollywood glamorous look. When Charlotte Tilbury recently released the Hollywood Flawless Filter I was keen to give it a try...



The Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter (£30.00/30ml) is a complexion booster, a multipurpose product which makes the skin to look healthy and youthful. Charlotte describes this product as an 'instagram filter' as it can brighten dull skin and add a healthy glow to the complexion. The packaging is encased in a sleek and luxurious glass bottle which has a rose gold lid. Inside is a large doe foot applicator which is great for applying either on the hand or straight onto the face. The consistency of the product is a mixture like a liquid cream, which gives a natural finish to the skin. When I first applied it for some reason I thought it it would be a greasy oily texture, however once it's on the skin it morphs into more like skincare, merging with the skin slightly.



So onto the product itself, it can be used in a variety of different ways, such as a primer before foundation for a healthy glow; mixing it in with your foundation to achieve a dewy finish or by adding it on top of your foundation where you would normally apply highlighter. I have oily skin, so my favourite way to apply this product is as a primer, I find that it adds just the right amount of brightness that makes my skin look like it's hydrated and in the best condition. My skin doesn't look greasy in the slightest.

What I love is that I can control how much product I want to apply, and this is what really makes a difference. For an everyday look I apply this product as a primer on the tops of my cheekbones, and throughout the centre of my face, however for evenings I like to add this product on top of my foundation, so it really catches the light.

For all of you with perfect skin, you can use this product by itself on bare skin without makeup, it just adds this vitality and boost of health that makes it look like a Victoria's Secret model. It looks really natural, and has a slight blurring effect. This product also has a tiny bit of coverage which is surprisingly lightweight.




























You can see above that I have applied the product on my hand, I use the shade 5. My hands are a bit more tanned than normal, however you can see the product side by side before and after it's blended out and how it adds a glow that catches the light in a natural way. Once you add foundation on top, you can see the hint of glow above, however it is not as detectable as the picture above.

All in all, this product is actually something that I use daily, it is a true complexion booster and compliments my makeup by enhancing the skin I have already got. I think this is a product that everyone would benefit from in some way or another, to use on bare skin, under or over the top of makeup. I think the price is good for the multi-purpose use of the product, and so is well worth the splurge!

I would love to know if you have tried this product, if so what do you think of it? If not, is it something you are thinking of purchasing? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow me on Bloglovin  to stay up to date with my newest posts!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig