Monday 13 August 2018

5 make-up pieces I struggle to let go of.

When rooting through my mini makeup collection to swap out items, I noticed that I had a few products which probably should be in the bin by now but I can't seem to let go of it. I wondered if anyone else did the same, and the idea for this post came about! It's just a bit of fun, but here are the products that I can't seem to let go of!



I have about a few mascaras that have product still in them, however the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof (£7.99/9.5ml) ran out a while ago, but I just keep holding on to it. I don't know what I think is going to happen- a national crisis where I will absolutely need this mascara. It's ridiculous. I did really enjoy this mascara though, it held up my lashes and just was reliable, so that's probably why it's hard to let go of! Also it looks an absolute wreck, so that's another reason to let it go!

The next item I wanted to mention was my Kiko Milano Highlighting Effect Fluid Concealer (£7.90/2ml). For brightening the undereye, this is one of the best concealers I have used, it's light on the skin, easy to blend out, has a bit of coverage and just looks great too. This ran out a few months ago, and I really need to get a new one, but I am trying to use up some other concealers first before buying this again. I think I'm holding on to this because it was just really good, however I do think it's time to throw it out just because there is no product left!

I've been talking a lot about products, however I wanted to mention a make-up tool. I have had these brushes with the red handle for around 6-7 years. It was the first makeup brush set I bought from Amazon when I wanted to experiment with makeup. I still use some of the brushes from that set to this day, the blush brush and their eyebrow brush I use on a daily basis. However this eyeshadow brush is just terrible, it's one of those that will take half of your eyeshadow off when you try to apply more product. The bristles are slightly scratchy and I never reach for it. I think I'm holding onto to this brush just because in the past I never had an excess amount of brushes, and now that has changed so I don't need this anymore and I never really thought of throwing it out until now. It's terrible so I just really need to start decluttering my collection. 


Eyeliner -  am I the only one who keeps a few? Does this happen to anyone else when your eyeliner runs out and a week later it magically has some products left in it? I think this is the reason I hang onto eyeliner, just incase I can get some more product out, especially if I really liked using a particular one. The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner (£14.50/0.55ml) was one of the eyeliners that was easy to apply and stayed put. I had both a full sized and a mini one, which has ran out however I just need to bite the bullet and throw it away since I have repurchased a new eyeliner recently! 

The last product I wanted to talk about was primers, I feel like I have a primer for every occasion, I have one for dehydrated skin, one to make my skin glowy, one to minimise pores, and the Sephora Collection Smoothing Primer (€12.00/15ml) to even out any texture on my skin which is more of a silicone primer. I'm a massive fan of primers, I think they are a barrier between skincare and makeup which is good to help stop things like pollution from reaching your skin. I like how different primers can change the finish of makeup or help with its longevity. Okay, I need to stop talking about the pro's of primer because this might end up in me buying more. I just need to finish this Sephora one, because it is actually really good but I got side tracked by my Two Faced Hangover Primer  (£27.00/38ml)...which probably isn't too surprising! 

I just think I am one of those people who buys and opens products for no reason, so I really should wait until I finish products properly. Does this post resonate with anyone else, because I hope I'm not alone in my hoarding ways. So please let me know through the comments whether there is anything you struggle to let go of - if you want to make this into a tag, feel free to have a go, I would love to have a read!
Follow me on Bloglovin to have a browse through all my other posts and to be kept up to date with my latest content! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig