Tuesday 6 March 2018

Review: Too Faced Hangover Primer

Primers have a hit or miss relationship with the beauty world - some people swear by it and other people believe that it's unnecessary. I'm a person who swears by using primers, because I want to prep my skin in ways that moisturisers can't. I have oily skin, and so having larger pores is something that kinda goes hand in hand with that. I generally like silicone based primers, that can smooth over my pores. However the primer I want to talk about today, is different from the rest...



The Too Faced Hangover Primer (£27.00/ 38g) came out around two years ago, and blew up the beauty world. Surprisingly, this my my first ever Too Faced product, they've always been a brand I have liked. One thing that Too Faced does really well is their packaging. I love the packaging of this product, I have the miniature primer that I picked up in Sephora but even then they still included the same packaging as the larger one, which isn't always the case with miniature makeup. I love the pump, it makes everything so hygienic and practical to use.
























In terms of the product, first thing you have to know is that it smells like coconut, and so if you don't like that I don't think you will enjoy the product as the scent is definitely there. It's also white and not a runny liquid texture, so it has some substance to it. It's super easy to blend on to the skin and I feel like my skin just soaks it in, without it being heavy. After I have applied it I find that my skin feels slightly tacky afterwards, it's not too much, it's the right consistency and the right type of feeling. I'm actually impressed with the formulation of this primer because it's moisturising but still can help your makeup to stay on nicely.

That bring me on to the last part - longevity. Did the primer actually work? Guys, my makeup stayed on better using this primer than my usual silicone based primer. I was so shocked, I put it to the test again and again just to make sure it was the primer, and it wasn't a fluke. What I found was that my skin, when it did get oily, made my makeup glow a bit and once it was blotted away, I found that my makeup was still undisturbed. My makeup just looked fresh. This product is a true primer, and if you are in the need for one, I wouldn't look any further than this product.

























I feel like traditional non-silicone primers have had a bad reputation because they didn't do anything more than what a moisturiser would - so there truly was no point to buy one if you didn't have a skin concern, this product still moisturises and preps the skin for makeup and then helps to adhere anything on top onto the skin. It's truly an amazing product.

I think this would suit anyone who is looking for a primer, more specifically to lengthen their wear time on their makeup. If you have tried this product, let me know what you thought in the comments below, because I would love to hear your experiences of it.

For more primer reviews, I have done a whole comparison blog, and reviewed the Sephora Collection Smoothing Primer recently too! So be sure to check those out if you enjoyed reading this post.
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!
Share:

3 comments

  1. I've been eyeing this up for quite some time, need to pick it up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, It's such an all-rounder primer! :)

      Delete
  2. The Cococare Cocoa Butter Moisturizer Stick hydrates and moisturizes dry skin. Formulated to go on smooth and absorb quickly, this all purpose moisturizer can be applied to your body, feet and hands. Ideal for all skin types.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig