Monday 17 September 2018

3 Cheek Brushes I Can't Live Without

I talk a lot about makeup pieces on my blog, however I am a firm believer in investing in the right tools to help makeup perform it's best. Today I wanted to talk about three of my favourite cheek brushes that I use on a daily basis. 





I got this angled blush brush off a brush set on amazon when I first started getting into makeup around 6-7 years ago and it is amazing. Firstly it's angled and so you can really work product into the apples of the cheek and blend product upwards and outwards towards the perimeter of the face which gives you a more natural, diffused look. Secondly, this brush is slightly dense, however still allows movement - for a blush brush I think this is important as it allows the brush to pick up product, however still has the ability to move so that the product is able to blend out and so can create more subtle blush looks. All the features of this brush is perfect for applying blusher and I love it to bits - also it's super soft which is always a good thing.




This Real Techniques Blush Brush (£.9.99) is a brush I use almost daily but not for applying blusher. I think my face is too small for it, but it is perfect for applying bronzer, or any all over face colour that doesn't need precision in application, only great blend-ability. There are no harsh lines, as this brush is a dome shape and so the top of the brush picks up a nice amount of product and the dome shape helps to blend the product in until it's one with the skin. This brush is more dense, and so ensures that product will definitely be picked up, however again is not packed too densely that ensures that products will be blended and not just layered on the skin. This is a great brush for bronzer, and I've been known to use it for applying powder too. 


























Despite having oily skin, I love highlighting my skin, because it's a glow I can control. This Real Techniques Fan Brush  (£19.99/3) is another gem I love, I got this in a set with two other brushes which I also love dearly. I love this fan brush for highlighting as it's super precise, I can highlight the tops of my cheek bones, and control the amount I want on the skin. I can also highlight smaller areas such as my cupids bow, underneath my eyebrows and also the bridge of my nose. You can really build up a glow with this brush too by layering highlighter which gives a blinding finish. I think this brush is great for quickly applying highlighter in a fuss free, no nonsense way. I've also been known to use this for powder too, for an untraceable finish as the it picks up a small amount of product that can just set makeup so well. 

So these are my three go-to cheek brushes, I would love to know what yours are and if you do have other preferences, what makes you go for it? I would love to know, so be sure to let me know in the comments section below.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig