Tuesday 23 July 2019

My Clarins Re-Boost Refreshing Hydrating Cream

Around 2 months ago, I wrote about the Clarins x InTheFrow collaboration, which was a brilliant offer that enabled me to try a few new items. One of the items I purchased was the My Clarins Re-Boost Refreshing Hydrating Cream (£22.00/50ml) which is the daily moisturiser I have been testing for the last two months...



My Clarins is one of the newer ranges from Clarins, I believe it has been out for around 6 months now - it's predominately aimed those in their teens to mid-twenties and is marketed as entry level products to introduce people to more premium skincare. The My Clarins range is vegan friendly and are not selling their products in countries which still actively tests on animals, which is really inspiring. What I particularly like is that the products are described as 'plant-based' and 'eco-conscious' and also state that 88% of the ingredients are of 'natural origin'. They are trying to be as clean and simple for the skin as possible and also being transparent about it. The range itself only has a few products, and so really simplifies skincare into something that even a novice can comprehend. If you are interested in learning more, there is more information on the Clarins website. 

Out of the range, I have only purchased this moisturiser, the My Clarins Refreshing Hydrating Cream and I absolutely love it. Firstly the packaging is really cute, you can tell that it's aimed for younger people from the pop of colour and the cute half sun image however the pot itself is surprisingly weighty and feels more premium. The Refreshing Hydrating Cream smells lightly of rose, which I really like, it's also a pale pink colour. It's a cooling gel texture that sinks into the skin, however it's not like a serum that completely disappears as though you never applied anything - it  both hydrates and moisturises the different layers of skin. The description of a Hydrating Cream is perfect, because it's tackling dehydration and also dry skin at the same time. My skin is just happy wearing this - it's the perfect consistency and the perfect product for anyone looking for a new moisturiser. 

This moisturiser comes in two other formulas, one more formulated for dry skin, the Comforting Hydrating Cream, so is more cream based, and the other for oily skin and so is more gel-like, the Mattifying Hydrating Cream. Although I have more oily skin, I chose the Refreshing Hydrating Cream because I have dehydrated skin that is oily and so I like a mix of both formulas. 



In terms of price, this is £22.00 for 50ml, which I think is a good price for the product that you are getting. The whole My Clarins range is under £24, and so I do believe you are getting good quality products for the price listed. Like I said earlier, I have had this for 2 months and I am around 1/3 into the bottle. I normally use one to two pea sized amounts of product and smooth the product into my skin, I tend to pat in the excess and try to bring some down my neck too.  

All in all, I really love this product, I've been excited to use it every morning, and I'm happy with how it has lasted too. I would highly recommend checking out the whole range - although it's marketed for those under 25, anyone can use the products. Clarins typically spilt their products into different age ranges as it focuses on skin concerns that typically occur around those ages, which again I think is really helpful and informative for those who aren't as interested in skincare. I think Clarins has done a great job at educating younger people to look after their skin with this range.

What do you guys think? Let me know down below if you have tried any of the products! If you would like to read more posts then be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig