Sunday 1 March 2015

DIY: Your Lips But Better

Hey guys :)


So it has been a personal mission of mine to find a lipstick which is just my lips colour but better. So far I haven't had any luck in finding something that I feel comfortable wearing on a daily basis - I would love to find something that I could whip out and apply without a mirror. So that's when I thought - why don't I just make my own lip colour. Sounds crazy but it's really easy - here is my top trick to achieving the your lips but better look.
Step 1: Lush Santa Baby Lip Tint
Step 2: Maybelline ColourSensational in 740 Coffee Craze











First you need a red lip tint - I have one from Lush called Santa Baby(£5.95/8g), It's really pigmented so I just apply a little to my lips. Then take a nude lip stick which is suitable for your skin-tone, the one I used is from the Maybelline ColourSensational line in 740 'Coffee Craze' (£6.99/3g), super affordable and really creamy. Apply the nude lipstick on the top of your red stained lips and it will mix together, forming a pink shade that complements your skin. That's it! It's so easy and works every time, if you want it to be more pink, add more lip tint, if you want it to be more nudey then apply less lip tint or add more lipstick. What I love the most about this trick is that the lip colour lasts, even after the lipstick itself has faded, the lip tint still provides the same colour and really easy to top up!
Left: Maybelline, Right: Mixed Maybelline 740 and Santa Baby
Top Left: Maybelline, Top Right: Santa Baby
Bottom: Mixed together
I think the swatches above will help you to see how much of a difference it makes to the colour of the lipstick when you mix them both together, the Maybelline Lipstick is sheer but with the lip tint, it's more of a block colour but still wearable.
If you want to find out more about the Maybelline nude lipstick I used click here. They have all shades of nudes so I'm sure you can find your match!
I hope this helps you guys! Especially if you guys have been struggling like me :) You can use any brand you want, I'm sure it will work out :) 
Thanks for reading, 
Anjna
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig