Monday 16 March 2015

Illamasqua Nail Polish: Perfect transitional shade?

Hey everyone!
So it's spring and that means out with the old and in with the new, (that's my excuse to do a ton of shopping!). Recently I purchased a nail polish from Illamasqua, a brand I haven't tried before and I absolutely fell in love with the colour...


I feel like this colour is something that can take you from one season to another, because it's a block colour it looks nice to wear in spring, but not too bright for summer. I love how it's a nice mix of green and blue (it looks blue on camera, but it is greenish!), it's such a unique shade and also my justification for buying it. At £14.50/15ml, it's not exactly the most cost-effective choice, however it is 5ml more than a standard BarryM polish. The application of the polish was quite a high standard, the first coat was opaque without being overly thick, better than an Essie polish in that aspect. However drying time was standard and so was the wear of it. I feel like this would be a great product to have if you liked to just wear one coat of nail polish, it doesn't really require much maintenance. It also didn't chip crazily, much to my surprise, but when it did chip a bit around the 3rd day mark the rest of the nail polish stayed put and didn't start to come off.
I also loved the skinny brush, which is nice because it gives a precision to the application, sometimes brushes can be too big and so it's easier to mess up!
Overall, the shade of this polish is what got me to the check-out and I hope you can see why I liked it so much! I think the shades of the Illamasqua polishes are great and so is the application, so if those are the things you want from your polish then I think that Illamasqua is the way to go :) What's your favourite nail polish brand? :)
Thank you for reading, 
Anjna

Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the colour of this polish! I've never tried illamasqua nail polishes, most of mine are barry m!

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love it too and BarryM are pretty awesome too! You should try Illamasqua becayse their colours are fantastic - it was hard to decide which one I wanted :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig