Tuesday 2 August 2016

Rolling your face?

Today, I wanted to talk to about facial massage, which is something I have been doing for the past year now. The face contains a lot of muscles, and like all the other muscles in the body, it needs to be cared for. Massaging your face regularly increases blood circulation to your face, which results in more youthful looking skin which is brighter and healthier.


There are a few ways that you can massage your face and the first thing you need to do is pick your weapons. I either use my fingers or a facial roller, the one I have is the Yu Ling Jade Facial Roller (£28.00) in the medium size. In terms of application if I use the jade roller I will apply it on my bare skin and use large sweeping motions in a downwards direction, for instance from above the temples all the way down to my jaw. I like to spend around 10 minutes rolling my face and while you do it, you can feel the lymph nodes under the skin that you are trying to slowly drain. This is what convinced me that I had severely neglected my face! 
So now, I use every opportunity I have to massage my face and this doesn't need to be done with a fancy roller. I usually stick to oil or balm cleansers to remove my make-up, spending an extra few minutes massaging every nook and cranny of every crevice of my face. The current cleanser I am using is the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel (£29.50/100ml), which I reviewed a few weeks back. I'm also a fan of night oils, and this Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil (£85.00/50ml) is one of the best I have tried. Massaging a night oil in your face is one of the best ways to treat your face, as using an oil means that you can massage for a longer period and allow the skin to fully absorb the specific ingredients that the oil contains.  
Facial rolling and massages are a really good way to relieve stress from your body and so I urge you to give it a try if you haven't already! It changed my perspective on facial skincare when I first drained my lymph nodes! 
What do you guys think of facial rolling and massaging? Let me know in the comments below! 
Be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin! I would love to see you subscribe!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I have combination skin so im always reluctant on using oils but, everytime i see or hear someone talking about them, it makes me want one!

    Sakura xx

    heysakura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I have oily skin and using oils changed my life, they balance out your natural oils and so actually make you less greasier! I would start off by using cleansing oils as you get rid of the residue anyway! x

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig