Tuesday 6 October 2015

Review: Urban Decay Deslick Make-up Setting Spray

Being an oily skinned person, I think its only natural to assume that I am going to try everything in my power to prevent my make-up from melting off everyday. Just under two months ago I saw that Debenhams actually did a mini travel size of the Urban Decay Deslick Makeup Setting Spray (£9.00/30ml) annnnd I absolutely could not resist in purchasing it!


So this is actually a really lovely size, it's perfect for travel and the spray itself is actually perfect, it adds a bit more product than a mist, but does distribute nicely, which makes it feel like less of a shock! 
                                               

As for the product, I wasn't totally wowed by it, I used to apply this after I had finished my make-up, and you can feel it a bit on your face (but that feeling goes away after around 30 minutes). I noticed that my face would be fine for two hours, and then suddenly it would look really really shiny and greasy, it doesn't help that I'm not exactly wearing the most mattifying foundation, but still! Recently I have been applying this after I have applied my primer, and that made more of a difference, it has a good three to four hour period before I start to look like my normal greasy self. Maybe my face is just too oily? It would be my luck. So I think this would be perfect for combination skin, but not oily skin. I also think it's best if you spray it before and after your make-up for more longevity.
I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't repurchase it again - I have my eyes set on the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (£21.00/118ml) to see if that one is better for me, but I will try to test it out in store before purchasing. I will continue my search for my perfect setting spray!
I would love to know if you have tried this setting spray - did it work for you? Or do you have any tips on how to use it so it works better? Just leave me a comment below and be sure to subscribe and  follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on any of my posts! I would love to see you around!
Share:

3 comments

  1. I really wanted this spray :O but UD has like 4 sprays and i couldn't decide on which but i stuck with the normal makeup setting and hydrating. Ooh! a good makeup setting mist (that i heard) is the Make up forever one (i think) :)

    Sakura xo

    http://heysakura.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably would go for the All Nighter setting spray because I feel like that would really make your makeup last. I was going to go for the MUFE one! But I hadn't heard as much about it! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
    2. haha really! Your very welcome :)

      xo, sakura

      http://heysakura.blogspot.jp

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig