Monday 16 January 2017

One Mask to Rule Them All: GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Mud Treatment

So it wasn't that long ago that I decided to share with you three high street masks which I loved. Over Christmas I was treated to a massive Sephora box full of the cult favourites, and I discovered a product which blew everything out of the water. It sounds so dramatic, but I have never been this impressed with a mask before...


The mask I am talking about is the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Mud Treatment (£39.00/34g). I've heard about GlamGlow around two years ago when it was getting popular with the YouTube and blogging world, however it was hard to get a hold of and frankly quite expensive for a product I had no chance of trying before. So getting a sample of this for Christmas really was a long lost wish come true. 
So this mask has quite a strong fragrance, it's like a mix between a herbal scent and mint. However for me, as long as the product itself works well, the scent doesn't bother me too much. The product is a dark grey colour, that's easy to smooth on to the skin, and this dries down to a lighter grey colour. Now, for me, as soon as I apply this on to my skin, I feel tingling and my skin heating up. I have a mixture between sensitive and intolerant skin, so I was concerned that I was going to come out with rashes, however after watching a few reviews online, I found this was pretty common place. Another thing I noticed was that dark grey dots were starting to come out of the mask, all around where my pores are located, and not going to lie, there was a ton of them. So these dots were where the amsk had extracted the oils within my pores. It's like a car crash, horrible to look at but you can't help yourself. There is also something satisfying seeing a mask do something. 

So after 20 minutes, I washed the mask off with warm water and a muslin cloth, and my skin felt brand new, like totally soft and smooth. In fact, the results were similar to the results I got when I used my ASDM Beverly Hills Glycolic Peel Kit. So I was super happy about this as I get the results of a glycolic peel but without the different steps. This mask contains a mix of lactic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic as it's first few ingredients, and so is chock-full of the chemical exfolients, which explains the results that I experienced. 




I think it's natural that you can feel the effects of a mask straight after you used it, so when I woke up the next day, I wasn't expecting anything different to happen however I felt like my skin actually looked even better than it had the night before, in the same way a night oil would work. My skin just felt less textured in appearance, and actually these effects lasted a good few days, so using this mask as a weekly treatment would be the best course of action to take. 

All in all, I love this mask and honestly, I want to buy the full-size, especially now that I have tried it. However, it's more expensive than the other ones, in terms of the quantity for the price offered. So the original GlamGlowYouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment mask retails for £39 for 50ml, which is a good price, however the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Mud Treatment retails for £39 for 34g, which is classed as a travel size product. So this kinda sours the deal, as when you find out that you are paying more for a travel sized product, it's not the best thing to find out. 
It's annoying because my opinion still hasn't changed after finding out about the price differences. I'm still annoyed, but I know I would still purchase this product because the results were that great. I know, I'm annoyed at myself that I would still pay, but if it's a product you love, and you know is going to work, then yes, I would spend my money on it. 

This was a really chatty post, and I think this product does deserve a discussion because I know some of you guys won't agree with actually purchasing it. I would love to know what you guys think, and actually if you have tried this, have you had a similar experience to me? Or is there another product you think is worth spending your cash on. Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig