Monday 3 June 2019

The Nail Polish For Every Skin Tone

If you have seen me in the past 6 weeks, chances are that you have seen me with this nail polish on. Painting your own nails does require a bit of maintenance but the result is always worth it - and when it means that you can watch Netflix whilst they dry, it's a win-win situation!


The nail polish is the Maybelline Forever Strong Gel Nail Colour in the shade '130 Rose Poudre' (£4.49/10ml). The funny thing is that I bought this shade a few years ago and finished it, but now this is just my go-to shade. 

In terms of the colour, it's a lovely dusky pink colour that also has a nude undertone, so I know it will flatter a lot of skin tones. It's one of those shades that you can wear for weeks on end without getting bored of it and also one that compliments most outfits!


























In terms of the formula, I always imagine this as a liquid elastic when applying it. I find that I don't really make any mistakes - it clings to the nails but is not so quick drying that you feel like you are racing against time. It's a thin consistency that still manages to be opaque. I do find that you do need two coats to get the perfect finish though. I am a fan of the brush, which is again just that perfect medium of not being too big, nor too small and can apply the product evenly. 

Although this product says '7 days', it's more like five. Five days of your nails actually being more or less perfect before they actually do start chipping, so at '7 days' it's mostly intact but it's probably time for a refresh! 

One product that is new (to me at least) is the Maybelline Forever Strong Gel Nail colour in '25 Crystal', which is basically a clear top coat. I like this top coat, I find that it doesn't disturb the polish underneath and does give a nice finish to the nails. The nails are practically dry to touch after 30 minutes, however beware of sleeping for a few hours otherwise you will get texture on the nails which is the worst!


All in all, I really like this product, especially on my skin tone - I just find it so flattering! I would love to know more recommendations on staple nail polishes, so be sure to let me know in the comments below!
If you would like to read more posts then be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig