Monday 18 August 2014

Every Girl Should Have: Lip Care

Hey guys :) 
So it's time for another 'Every Girl Should Have' post and today I am going to be talking about Lip Care! I know it might be kinda dull but the thing is: it is something that every girl should have :) 
Lip Care is so important since the skin on your lips are really really thin and so they need all the help they can get. I feel like practically any problem concerning your lips can be solved by some sort of lip balm. Personally, I use a lip balm or butter twice a day - at night I totally load up so my lips will be smooth in the morning. 

These are two that I enjoy:
The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter (£4.00/10ml)
Okay so technically this is a lip butter, but to me it's the same thing, anything that helps sooth and soften is kinda a balm right? I love love love this product, I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't got any actual problems concerning their lips but just want something nice to soften and condition their lips. On the lips it looks kinda like a clear gloss but without all the fuss and stickiness - which is why I love it so much. It also smells divineee :) 

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm (£2.99)
I was totally on the Baby Lips bandwagon when it came out - I actually even remember getting my first one in America last August. I feel like Baby Lips are like to the easy go-to lip balm, in that they just feel so nice on the lips and are available in whatever form you like, so if you want a hint of colour then there is a baby lips for you out there. My version is called 'peach kiss' and is a peachy nude shade with a slight shimmer to it, I love it, to me it's like the vamped up version to The Body Shop one just because of that. Again I feel like everyone could use this product and I've never encountered a person who hates the original formula. Another bonus - it has SPF :) which is always important :)


Top colour: Baby Lips, Bottom balm: Chocomania lip butter.
Tip
If you want to exfoliate your lips then I would mix whatever lip balm I am currently using with some sugar. I do this by loading up the lip balm on my lips already and then rubbing sugar on to my lips straight after (be sure to do this by the sink as it might get messy). The amount of sugar you put on is dependant on how strongly you want to exfoliate (a little sugar means a gentle exfoliation etc), you can cater this however you like. 

I hoped you enjoyed reading! Be sure to comment and subscribe telling me what your top picks for lip products are :)
Thank you for reading,
Anjna xx
Share:

11 comments

  1. That's a great tip for exfoliating your lips - I never knew that!
    sabina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I could help, exfoliating with sugar also works on your face and body too, just use a standard cleanser or body wash and it will do the same job:) x

      Delete
  2. I love The Body Shop lip butters, I have the mango one and it's so moisturising! And your tip for exfoliating the lips is so good, I've been buying the Lush Lip scrubs but I'll try this out! It sounds like a much cheaper way to get the same result!
    Becki xxx
    www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I will have to try that one out :) Haha, thanks and I thought the same too when I saw that Lush did some. I haven't tried the Lush one yet because I've been doing this. I swear I used to keep some sugar in my bathroom for this trick :P

      Delete
  3. I really like the body shop lip butters, they are very moisturising :)

    katielouise-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I think The Body Shop are amazing in everything they do to be honest :) x

      Delete
  4. What a lovely blog you have! :-)

    I am following you on blog Lovin, please follow me back :-)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) and I will definitely check your blog out :) x

      Delete
  5. I have a baby lips one, can't get over it! Great post x
    www.beataba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean :) They are actually worth the hype, and thanks :) x

      Delete
  6. Thanks :) and I am following you too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig