Wednesday 19 April 2017

Worth the Hype? The Beautyblender

I think it was around two years ago that the Beautyblender was one of the most coveted beauty applicators around the globe. Sounds dramatic, but every girl knew about it. So the hype has died down a bit but it's still widely used. 
I was one of those people who wanted a Beautyblender but also didn't want to fork £16 for a sponge. So when I received it as a gift, I was super excited to try it!



So for all of you who don't know the Beautyblender (£16.00) is a make-up sponge which has completely resurrected the age of the makeup sponges. I actually love this sponge. I am a  total convert and I use mine daily now.  When used damp the Beautyblender just has this ability to apply makeup with coverage, however eliminates any excess product, so you are never left with a cakey finish. On the flip side, the Beautyblender , like with most other sponges, does eat up your product, so you will finish products sooner, but for me once I saw the results I was just sold. When my skin is more dry, I find that using the Beautyblender damp really helps to hydrate my skin, as I'm pressing more water into my skin than I would be with a brush or with my fingers. I like to pat product onto my skin, as I find that I get the best results in terms of coverage and even application! 

Another reason I like sponges is because you can use them damp therefore you can clean them more frequently and it won't affect your schedule. When I clean my brushes, I find that I have to do it the night before I use them to give them enough time to dry, however with a sponge, you can clean it 2 minutes before you use it, if you use it damp. So for all of you guys who are guilty of cleaning brushes, this might help your game a bit more. I also find that it is easier to layer up product when using a sponge, as it doesn't look as noticeable!



I also have the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge and I have to say that I do prefer the Beautyblender, it's texture is just better, however out of all the dupes, I feel like the Real Techniques have got the  texture of the sponge the most accurate. I would say that if you haven't tried the Beautyblender and you do use sponges on a daily basis, then I would definitely recommend that you purchase it. I'm a massive brush fan and it still converted me, but I think the type of foundation you use is also an important factor. I find that more liquid foundations like my NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is easier to blend out then my Dior Forever Foundation which is less runny in consistency. 

So is the Beautyblender worth the hype? I certainly think so. I think it's so nice to have a product which emphasises a more natural, hydrated look, rather than painting on layer after layer of foundation. 
Have you tried it? I would love to know your opinions on this! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig