Wednesday 24 May 2017

Curently Testing

I've been on a bit of a make-up ban recently. In the last few months, I haven't bought much, just using everything in my collection, just to finally finish some products, so I can justify new purchases in the future. I had finally finished a few items so I treated myself to a couple of new products that I am now currently testing. So I'll give you my first impressions!




This product is a hybrid between a lip colour and a lip balm. Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, this product merges skincare and makeup, which I love. I find products like this so easy to use and need less maintenance throughout the day. You don't need to constantly reapply if you don't want to and just let it fade naturally, or you can reapply without needing a mirror. I just love how the ball is in your court, I think this is how make-up is supposed to be, you calling the shots rather than the product. Hopefully that made sense! I love the shade ranges of these, they were all quite wearable, but I love my nudes. This colour is a nude for me, but is probably a nice browney pink for anyone with lighter skin. 



Lash Sensational is one of the most hyped mascaras of the past year and this is the first time I am trying it. I know! I'm the worst beauty blogger! But since my mascara ran out, the Lash Sensational was the next mascara on my radar. I have to get waterproof, since my lashes don't hold a curl without a waterproof formula. My thoughts: I think I need to wait for the formula to dry out a bit, since it's so wet at the moment, it's a super messy mascara to apply, and my lashes are quite thin, so my eyelids get the brunt of the product, which is not the look I was hoping to achieve! Apart from that, when I can concentrate most the product on my eyelashes,  I do like this product - I think it lengthens and adds blackness and thickness to my lashes. I think it's super nice to layer this up too. It does hold my lashes up too, but I think that'll get even more better when the formula is more dry.







Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (£16.00/0.55ml)
I've heard amazing things about this liner, and it did not disappoint. I love how precise the nib is, like out of all the eyeliners I think  I have ever tried, this is the most precise application I have ever gotten. Surprisingly, the nib is an actual brush, which I thought would make the eyeliner more messy and more prone to mistakes. However, this beats my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner which had a felt tip applicator. I'm so quick at doing a winged liner look, which is a feat because I don't apply liquid liner on a daily basis, it's something I have fazes of, and currently this eyeliner is prolonging my liquid winged liner faze for now.
In terms of it's longevity, this liner has withheld the most brutal of English weather, which included a waterfall-like rain on one occasion, and my eyeliner was still exactly as it had been when it was first applied! I would recommend this to every liner lover out there!



My Sephora Blotting Sheets were life, and unfortunately they ran out so I wanted to try a blotting sheet for around the same price point and I knew NYX produced some. They have a selection of different types of blotting sheets, but I'm a believer in simplicity and there was just one job I wanted to be done properly, and that was to get rid of the oil and shine on my face. After using these from NYX I think I prefer the Sephora ones. These NYX ones feels like grease proof paper, which feels a bit cheap for me. it's not that thick either. I feel like I have to use two sheets for my whole face, whereas with the Sephora ones I found that I could use both sides, because the oil wouldn't really secrete through to the other side. I'm going to still use these NYX ones up, but I think I'm either going to have to head to a Sephora or find another brand which supplies them next time. 

So that's the few beauty bits I've been testing for the past few weeks! Some products I have had longer than others, so that's why I can give more of a full review of it! I would love to know what products you guys are trying out!
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig