Monday 28 January 2019

2 Favourites from The Body Shop

When The Body Shop is on offer, that’s the time to strike. So recently, when they had 40% off sale, I bought one old favourite and one other product which has managed to weasel its way into my favourites list.

























My old favourite is the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. (£12.00/200ml) This was the first ever cleansing oil I had ever used and to this day I still am in love with cleansing oils. I remember when this used to be the cult beauty product that so many bloggers and YouTubers spoke about years ago. Using this now, the smell is still the same - It’s so nostalgic! The consistency is quite watery but that means it’s light on the skin, it’s easy to massage into the skin and remove every single scrap of makeup. I love that it comes with a pump too, however it does make the product not as travel friendly! If you have never tried cleansing oils, they are a brilliant way to take off makeup which doesn’t dry the skin out. As an oily skinned girl, I was so afraid of using oils as my face produces more than enough, but cleansing oils don’t leave any greasy residue on your face and can remove a full face of makeup in  under 30 seconds.


If you are a fan of massaging your face, this Camomile Cleansing Oil is a good oil to use because of the consistency, like I said earlier it’s so light on the skin and a little goes a long way. Massaging is great as it's increasing circulation to your face and so can help to brighten and tighten the skin.

My new favourite is the Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF 50 (£17.00/40ml). I think SPF is so important to have in your skincare, even if you live in dreary place like England. SPF has been proven to be a good anti-ageing product, as it is protecting your skin from UVA rays (which causes the skin to age) and UVB rays  (which can damage the skins surface). So even though it looks like the sun isn’t there, both UVA and UVB rays can still be harmful. In the past I used to ensure that my moisturiser or my foundation has some sort of SPF included, which is probably better than wearing no SPF but now I am completely sold on doing my best to protect my skin.


So back to this Skin Defence SPF, I love it because it’s so light on the skin, it doesn’t feel like a heavy extra layer. It sinks into the skin within seconds, mimicking a serum. The colour is white too, which I was hesitant about as old sunscreens used to leave a greyish white residue which would make me, an average Indian girl, look like a dull ghost. This product left no white/grey marks or any marks at all, I was amazed. It sits so well under makeup too, not interfering with it or clogging up my skin either. If you are looking for an SPF then this is the one to get. It has all the protection with none of the fuss or faff so no-one has an excuse not to wear SPF.

So those are my two favourites from The Body Shop which I am sure I will repurchase. I normally love to buy their candles too, however they were all sold out when I bought these online! I would love to know what your go-to products are from The Body Shop. Finally, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig