Thursday 11 June 2015

Summer Nail Polishes: Collaboration with Becki!

So Summer is finally here! For me that means popping out the bright and bold nail colours that have been hiding away for the past few months. Since I have tanned skin I thought I would share with you my favourite summer nails colours that I think suit my skin colour perfectly! This post is a collaboration with Becki from Beauty and the Brunette, who is doing this post also but for fairer skinned girls, so between the two of us, we have your nails covered for before you head out into the sun and after! Becki is super nice and always has good recommendations so go check her out!


The first polish I want to speak is the  Lola Barcelona (€10/8ml) nail polish in the shade Rambla which is a bright orangey coral colour and it is beautiful. I was really sceptic about it first, having received it in the April Birchbox but once I had applied it I fell in love. This is one of those colours that really emphasises a tan and so is perfect for this summer. It has a gel like formula and lasts a fair few days, the drying time is fairly standard but I think this one is a must have this summer for your nails and toenails! You can purchase this here. 

If you prefer quicker drying times then the BarryM Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint (£3.99/10ml), may be more to your liking, I have the shade Get Set Go which is a bright, slightly neon pink  colour and is suitable for any occasion. This stuff seriously dries so fast, you can finish your manicure in under 15 minutes. What I love about this is that it has a gel like finish even though it's quick drying. Also I actually really like this for my toenails. I have done a full review on this, which you can read about here! 

I love nude nail polishes in summer because it means that you can wear any colour and your nails will complement your outfit rather than clashing. The Sephora Formula X New Neutrals Nail colour (€12.90/12ml)  in the shade Brain Power is the one I currently have. It's a lovely sandy brown shade which complements my skin-tone and I just love that this is an easy to colour to wear. It's just something that you can throw on and not worry about. This doesn't stay on super long for me, it lasts around 3- 4 days before it begins to chip, it dries quite quickly though, it reminds me of the Essie nail polishes. I think investing in a neutral colour is something that will benefit you all year round. I've done a full review of this product here.



If you like long lasting nails then maybe the Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Gel Nail Colour (£4.49/10ml) may be more to your liking. I have the shade Surreal which is a quasi-neon purple and it's so pretty. If you want something that's bold without being too loud then this is the colour I would recommend. It's just the perfect colour that will compliment tanned skin without being too overpowering or ostentatious. It lasts more than 5 days on my nails and that's really quite the feat because my nails chip like no tomorrow. This also has a gel like finish which is super nice and glossy, however the wait time is slightly longer, however if you can bear with it your nails will last so I think it's a good compromise. I also have a full review of this product here if you would like more information on the product. I wear this polish all the time because I just think it suits me, especially if I do feel like wearing some colour! 

I just realised that all these polishes offer something different, from the shade,  the longevity and the drying time. These are honestly the colours I am going to be wearing throughout summer and I hope you check them out because they are all great :) Remember to check out Becki's post!
Have you tried any of these? What are your Summer nail recommendations?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Aww your photos are super cute! I love your summer colour picks. I have the Maybelline Super Stay in a few colours. It lasts for ages and doesn't seem to chip at all!

    Ophelia x

    www.shutupophelia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu :) They are such a good formula! I love the finish of them too :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig