Wednesday 14 May 2014

Review: Clinique take the day off make up remover.

Today  I am going to be reviewing the Clinique take the day off make up remover for lids, lashes and lips :) Luckily I got this as a free gift for buying some other Clinique products (that's why its only 30ml)  so I was excited to use it. It usually retails for £17.00 for 125ml.  This product has some good and bad points in my book - I'll break it down for you.


Good points
1) It can remove practically all eye make up in a swipe, there is no need to rub it viciously with your cotton wool - it does all the hard work. (I still go over it a couples of times to make sure all traces of my waterproof mascara is gone). 
2) You need a minimal amount - literally. Since this product is oil based it doesn't need to be applied again to take your make up off because it's oil and so it does so much with so little.
3) It's moisturising on the eyes and lips because of it's oil properties which is awesome because it doesn't strip the skin or even dry it out which I think is important factor.
4) It's great for sensitive skin - Clinique in general are good for people with sensitive skin, but this product is especially good since eyes have to be dealt with in the most careful way possible since it's such a delicate area. So this product a Godsend for both everyday use and for nights out. 
5) The cap on the product is really secure - it's like one of those medicine bottles which you have to press down and then twist to open it - so this would be greaaat for travelling. 



Bad points

1) Since it's an oil, it can appear to be greasy - I am not a huge fan of the feeling but honestly, with all the good points the oil actually does, it doesn't bother me as much. I wash my face straight after I use it so my eyelids don't feel heavy and greasy.
2) I have a huuuuge issue with the bottle, it is just...a massive hole. This means that you have to pour it out. Yes you heard me. POUR IT OUT. We have all witnessed first-hand the task of pouring oil into a pan. It just never goes right - you end up pouring too much and so you waste the product. Plus if I were to accidentally knock it over practically all the content in the bottle would be gone.

Overall, I think this is an awesome product to have since it's so quick and easy to use that you'll save a lot of time and effort. Also a minimal amount is needed so it's not like this product is going to run out quickly especially for the price you pay for it (unless you do happen to spill it). I think this would be a really good buy if only they changed the packaging and would be worth 5 stars but for now 4 stars is what I think it deserves :)

I hope you enjoyed this post :) Comment telling me what you think of this product or what you use to remove make up :)
Thanks for reading,
Anjna x

Share:

2 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig