Tuesday 27 May 2014

Brand Focus: Revlon

Heyy, 
So this is a post that I've been planning to do for a while. It started when I realised that I own a few Revlon items in my small collection - which actually took me a long time to notice. I feel like Revlon is a dark horse i because I feel like it's not really spoken about as much as others brand. Sooo I believe that it deserves to get a post, especially since Revlon is my go-to brand if I want something that performs well but at a good price :) 




Revlon Lash Curler (3.99)
I actually bought this in the United States a few months back. I really like this eyelash curler, it does the job and still looks as though it's never been used which is a plus! Although I wouldn't purchase again (due to my need to try everything in the shops) - I think if you are looking for an eyelash curler that works and will stay in mint condition and is cheap, buy this one!

Revlon ColourStay ShadowLinks (£2.99)
This is seriously the product I would recommend to everyone who is looking for a single eye-shadow but wants it to perform. My absolute favourite colour was the matte dark brown one called 'Cocoa' - I think this colour should be in every woman's make-up bag because it is such a staple and the colour pay-off is amazing in this one shade. Although the other two colours don't perform as well as 'Cocoa' they are certainly build-able and so I am really impressed with these eye-shadows as a whole. I bought the green one 'Khaki' because I think it will look lovely in summer and the purple one 'Plum' because purple suits brown eyes :) 

Revlon PhotoReady Makeup (£12.99)
This foundation is something different, it claims to make your skin look good in any light, it gives your skin good coverage and it has SPF. I can say that I do
really like this foundation, it gives medium to full coverage in my opinion and it apply's really smoothly. I think the packaging is really nice, I love the pump - I find it weird when foundations don't have a pump. The thing I find really odd about this product (and this is probably why it claims to work) is that it has small amount of shimmer in there. You are probably thinking why I like it if it has glitter in it :P but I can assure you that it isn't detectable. In fact I didn't notice it until I saw my hand and rubbed the excess off (I pump the foundation to my hand and then apply it with a brush). But the shimmer probably helps the light to reflect off your face better giving you a more airbrushed look. I really like the fact that this foundation has SPF in it - since most people forget to protect their face, it just makes it a whole lot easier. Plus this product is oil-free so is perfect for oilier skins types like meee -  I think this foundation is definitely worth a try! 

Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious (£9.99)
I mentioned this product in my April Favourites and I still think it's an awesome product. It's waterproof which is great for summer, holds a curl and make your eyelashes look super black which I like :) I think this is just a great mascara to try since it does everything that I want :)


Revlon ColourStay Concealer (£6.99)
First of all, I love the idea of 'ColourStay' in itself - because really, that's what we all want :) I love love love this concealer! I have repurchased it for the second time because I genuinely don't think I can find one like this for my skin tone in the high-street. I have this love for Revlon because they cater for so many skin types and tones which I think is so important. My shade is 06 Deep Fonce, which is the darkest shade they do (which could be improved because i'm not that dark) but still is better than most others. The consistency of the product is nice, it glides over any blemishes and is easy to blend in. Just an all round great product - especially for the price :)

 Revlon Multi Care Base and Top Coat (£6.49)
This product was mentioned in my April Favourites (I have it on right now), which is proof that it's an amazing product. Seriously, I didn't know how vital a base coat was until I tried this, I haven't experienced any yellowing since I have had it which just shows how much of a difference a base coat can make. And honestly, who doesn't like a multi-purpose product eh? 


So these were sorta my picks that I have been enjoying from Revlon and a mini review about them all too :) I hope that you guys try some of their stuff because it seriously is good :) The base coat, concealer and eye-shadows are my absolute top picks from the lot because they are repurchase-worthy :) I hope that you enjoyed this post, comment below telling me which brand is your favourite :)
Thanks for reading,
Anjna x



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig