Sunday 16 November 2014

Kiehl's: My Skincare Saviours

Hi guys!
So this post has really been delayed for a long time and I can't explain why because the products I have to share are phenomenal and work so well but I think I just wanted to make sure that they did work before sharing them. I bought two products from Kiehl's in June and I have now totally used one up and the other is still going strong so I thought perhaps now is a good time to review these products.

Before I start this review I want to tell you that around June my skin went through a horrible reaction to something that I couldn't pin down exactly so even when I changed some things around in my skincare the effect from reaction wasn't going away. I would get hyper-pigmentation from spots and my skin literally felt damaged - the texture was just awful. I know that skin renews itself every month so I felt that I had to help my skin as much as I could just so that it could get back to normal quicker. So that's why I bought these products:

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (£36.00/30ml)
So the first problem I had to address was the hyper-pigmentation and I heard a few good reviews about this product so I thought I should give it a try. This is great, it does work but you won't see a difference overnight. I first saw a difference about 3 weeks after I bought it and I used it continuously day and night until about 3 days ago (when it finished). Although I am really happy with this I don't know if I would purchase a second bottle or if I would like to try something else. But I was happy that a product was specifically designed for dark spots and did actually reduce the appearance of it. I wear this product twice a day: in the morning it's the first thing I put on after I have cleansed my skin and because it is a serum it sinks in really quickly and feels light on the skin; be sure to wear SPF after applying this in the morning because if you are using a product which does aim to fight the pigmentation on your skin then being in the sun will actually make those area's darker. Even though the sun isn't exactly out I wouldn't risk not putting SPF on because technically the sun is still out even though you can't see it. I would give this product 8/10. 

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentreate (£36.00/30ml)
So the major problem I had to tackle was the broken skin that felt damaged and needed to be repaired. I bought this a week after buying the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution because I thought it would address the problems I was having. I was right. This is my holy grail skincare item that I will keep on repurchasing because it is amazing at everything - improving texture, reducing spots and just imperfections in general. It's crazy. Honestly, this product somehow makes you look better every single morning after you have used it. Any problem area's that needed some help are honestly better the next morning. On the bottle it says it 'visibly restores the appearance of skin by morning' and that's exactly what it does. I cannot recommend this product enough because it works the next day - even scoring a sample is enough to show you the benefits. It contains a bunch of essential oils which work magic and it's the best thing I have bought. I have half a bottle left and I have been using it since June, I even took this to Milan because 8 days without it seemed unbearable. I apply this at night after I use the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution - instead of going in with a moisturiser, I have oily skin so the Midnight Recovery has enough moisture in it to not dehydrate my skin. It's an oil product so a few drops is enough for your whole face. I massage it in for around 3 minutes and then I go to sleep and wait for this to work its magic. I found that using this made the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution work better too so I think this is  a must have in general. I would rate this as 10/10 because it's amaaazing. 

So as you can see that shopping splurge back in June was very successful and Kiehl's to me is a brand that delivers on what they claim soooo I would highly recommend trying their products because I know they have a lot of best sellers. Plus this stuff has lasted me a while so you do get your moneys worth for sure. 
I hope you have enjoyed reading this review - let me know if you have tried any of these or what you would recommend for me ;) 
Thank you for reading, 
Anjna x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig