Sunday 2 November 2014

Review: Soap & Glory- One Heck of a Blot

Hey guys :)
So today I am going to be reviewing a product from Soap & Glory - I really like this brand - it's just quirky and the names are so cute and honestly I think there is a match between the quality of the product and the price which is really rare to find (another brand that does this is Kiko Milano). So I got this face powder called One Heck of a Blot and I will tell you all the highs and lows in the review below!

Good Points
Packaging: I really like that this comes in a box - I feel like it adds quality to the product in a way that makes it seem more expensive than it really is. The packaging of the product itself is really sturdy - I like that the top is not a clear plastic and also that it is a real compact (the Stay Matte by Rimmel London is just a loose lid which I hate). 
Extras: So this product has a mirror and also a puff to apply the product which is so handy! If I am using this to set my make-up then I probably wouldn't use the puff but if you are using this product for a midday blot then it's honestly really useful because I know everyone doesn't carry an excess amount of  products like a mirror and a brush. Also the mirror does fold out straight which is awesome because you can adjust the angle without hassle.
Blotting: So this powder is meant for blotting and it actually does a great job at that. I think they have formulated this perfectly and just got everything very right. This is the product I use and carry with me to get rid of my excess oils (when I can).
Price: So this actually retails for £12.00 which I think is a good price for this product simply because it will last you around two months. In my opinion if a product does something well then spending money is no problem for me. There are cheaper powders available but they do come at a different cost (bad packaging, doesn't work etc.)
Texture: I love the texture of this product! It is so finely milled and just feels really luxurious to put on your skin. I don't feel like I am putting on a product that will clog my pores either so I love how light it feels on the skin.

Bad Points
Translucency: Okay so this is translucent but I would never put more than one layer of this on my face because then the powdery look will show. This isn't actually that bad because firstly you shouldn't be putting that much powder anyway and secondly, if you were then you should be concentrating on specific areas rather than your entire face. Also I should add that I am more on the darker side (skin tone wise) and so if you have a lighter skin tone feel free to use all the powder you want - this product is perfect. 
Setting Make-up: This is my wishy washy second bad point: you can't really set make-up with this unless you like a really matte finish - which generally I do like but nowadays I feel like I want that dewiness and then blot later. I just think this product is good at absorbing those excess oils rather than keeping your make-up looking as fresh as when you applied it. This is my wishy washy point because they don't specify that it is for setting make-up although I do know that most people like to have a two in one. 


So I hope this answered any queries you had about the product - I honestly really like it - I think it is good for every skin type too the only thing that will vary is how many times you use it. If you are looking for a new powder then be sure to give this a try and if you have tried it let me know what you think! I am constantly on the hunt for good powders so recommendations would be amazing :) 
Thank you so much for reading, 
Anjna x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig